“Our regular arrangements for making a GP Appointment as listed below (excluding eConsult) are currently suspended due to Coronavirus and the need to triage all appointments before patients attend the Practice. Please DO NOT come into Surgery but instead call us on 0151 643 6700 during our opening hours. If you require medical help outside of these hours please click here. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.”
Unfortunately we do not offer a 'drop in' service so please contact us during our opening hours to discuss your needs.
Alternatively we also offer an eConsult service which covers advice from your GP, self help options and administration queries for sicknotes and results. This service operates 07.00-9.00 any weekday excluding bank holidays.
We also offer a number of pre bookable appointments using Patient Access online and please click here for more information.
What Happens when I contact you?
1. Care Navigation
Our Reception team have been trained to Care Navigate and identify the most appropriate service for healthcare.
Care Navigation has been introduced to help NHS Wirral continue to meet demand and covers:-
- Self-help which is advice and treatment you can access and will guide you as to next steps. Please click here for more information.
- Minor Aliment service at the majority of our local pharmacies. Please click here for more information.
- Walk in Centres. Please click here for more information or call 111
- Nurse Appointment at your GP Surgery
- GP Appointment at your GP Surgery (please see point 2 for next step here)
2. GP Appointment
We have 4 options for a GP appointment:-
- Pre bookable Telephone consultation
- Pre bookable GP appointment
- Urgent on the day GP telephone advice
- Urgent on the day GP appointment
Our Receptionist will endeavour to allocate one of the above appointment options as appropriate for your medical need. If you wish to see a GP of your choice then we will always check their availability but may not be able to accommodate your request and if this happens we will discuss your options.
In addition to the 4 appointment options we offer, we can also access a service called GP Extended Hours. This allows our patients to be booked into appointments at various Wirral locations between Monday to Friday 6.30pm - 8.00pm & Saturday and Sunday 8am - 8pm. The times and services offered at different venues will vary. Our Receptionist will advise on availability if this service is suitable for you and your medical need BUT you can also call 0151 652 6077 from 10am to 6pm at weekends to check on free slots.
If you would like a chaperone present for your appointment then please request this at the time of booking. Unfortunately this service is not available for appointments booked at GP Extended Hours.
- Please ensure you arrive in time for your appointment
- Please use our automated check in screen this will advise GP, Room and their clinic running time
- If you are unable to use the check in screen or have arrived after your appointment time then please speak to Reception
- Please take a seat in our waiting areas and watch and listen for your name on the call in screens.
We hope you understand that to manage the high demand for our services it is imperative that we use all of our appointment options effectively and efficiently. To help us with this we would ask that you please cancel any appointment you no longer need with as much notice as possible. Regrettably any patient who consistently fails to attend may be removed from our practice list.