“Our regular arrangements for making a Nurse Appointment as listed below are currently suspended due to Coronavirus. Please DO NOT come into Surgery but instead call us on 0151 643 6700 during our opening hours. If you require medical help outside of these hours please click here. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.”
Nurse Appointments - Our Nurse clinics are on the 2nd floor
Unfortunately we do not offer a 'drop in' service so please contact us during our opening hours to discuss your request for a Nurse appointment.
What Happens when I contact you?
1. Care Navigation
Our Reception team have been trained to Care Navigate and identify the most appropriate service for healthcare.
Care Navigation has been introduced to help NHS Wirral continue to meet demand and covers:-
- Self-help which is advice and treatment you can access and will guide you as to next steps. Please click here for more information.
- Minor Aliment service at the majority of our local pharmacies. Please click here for more information.
- Walk in Centres
- Nurse Appointment at your GP Surgery (please see point 2 for next step here)
- GP Appointment at your GP Surgery
2. Nurse Appointment
Our Nursing team look after you for:-
Health condition reviews which include
- Diabetes checks
- Chronic Kidney disease
- Chronic Heart Disease
The list above is an example and not exhaustive. We usually try to bring you into clinic for your health review in line with your birth month. Please contact us during our opening hours if you feel your condition needs urgent attention - DONT wait for your annual review.
Regular reviews at specific intervals
- Cervical Smears. Please click here if you would like more information on Smears including how often, what happens and results.
- NHS Health check. Please click here if you would like more information on NHS Health checks including eligibility, frequency and results
Again this list above is not exhaustive and depends upon NHS requirements for patient checks.
Ad Hoc appointments
- Phlebotomy (taking blood)
- Blood pressure checks
- Contraception pill check
- Childhood immunisations
- Injections such as hormone
- Removal of stitches
(If we are unable to offer a suitable Nurse appointment in time for your change of dressing or removal of stitches please can we advise that this service is also offered by our Walk In Centres and please click here for more information on their opening times and locations.)
- Travel Vaccinations - please click here and then scroll down to Travel vaccinations for instructions on how to notify us of your travel details.
If you would like a chaperone present for your appointment then please request this at the time of booking.
- Please ensure you arrive in time for your appointment
- Please use our automated check in screen this will advise Nurse, Room and their clinic running time
- If you are unable to use the check in screen or have arrived after your appointment time then please speak to Reception
- Please take a seat in our waiting areas and watch and listen for your name on the call in screens.
We hope you understand that to manage the high demand for our services it is imperative that we use all of our appointment options effectively and efficiently. To help us with this we would ask that you please cancel any appointment you no longer need with as much notice as possible. Regrettably any patient who consistently fails to attend may be removed from our practice list.